miércoles, 19 de noviembre de 2008

Grutas (improved)

Hello! This is a post I've already posted before. Our teacher told us to print it so he can improve it and correct some mistakes.


Grutas are what we know as caves. They are formed by water filtration. They take thousands of years to be formed. The different types of shapes and sizes are characteristics of the rocks in the caves. They are built primarily of stalactites and stalagmites. These are accumulations of salt minerals. Stalactites are the ones which hang from the upper part of the cave. And stalagmites go from the bottom to the upper part. These rocks have formed many shapes inside the caves. One is "La gruta de Catedral" and the other one is "La gruta del Angel" The pic I'm posting is from the first one. This one is called like that because at the very bottom there is a big space made by rocks that form the shape of the inner part of a Cathedral. Well, this is it. My next post I'm going to talk a little about "Gruta de Catedral". And I'll post some pics I took there. See ya! Ba bye.

No hay comentarios: