lunes, 8 de septiembre de 2008

A bit more about "La Media Luna"

Hi again! Well, this is my post for this week. I am going to talk a little bit more about the “Media Luna” spring. I know I promised some pics taken by me, but I could not find the DVD in which I have them :s. Plus, I completely forgot about the post jiji. Well, the “Media Luna” spring has a depth of 36 meters. As I mentioned before, you can go swimming, snorkeling or even scuba diving in winter. Something very weird happens here. The spring in winter reaches its maximum temperature that is 32°celcius. Crazy huh! Geologists from the Universidad Autonoma de San Luis Potosi believe that there used to exit a great lake on this place. And due to the weather changes it began to dry and finished in small lagoons as it is at this moment. It has a length of 300 meters for 60 on its biggest part. All the figures found buried in the bottom of the spring where figures made by aborigines. In the year 650 this region was populated by Pames, Otomies and Chichimecas. That is why we can find figures, pots, jars and many other things made of mud. This is it for today. Promise to post some pics next time. See ya! Ba Bye.

No hay comentarios: